Friday, July 31, 2009

I am enjoying

I don't know, How many people enjoyed the fun part of coding. I did, for last couple of days. Four friends sitting in a single cube, working day and night to get something working that has never happened before :P (in my life). This is amazing experience.

Few awesome things that happened in that weekend. There are some learning, some realizations, some confessions, some desires, some happy moments, some sad moments, some bad moments. Last four days was a bundle of all these :).

All these started on Friday afternoon, just before I start for my lunch. One of my college junior asked me to join the team that he is trying to form for a competition. Since I had huge backlog that I need to finish before that weekend, I hesitated a little bit. The t-shirt part and the lunch part attracted. I went and asked my manager and he gave a grand green signal in exchange of T-Shirt :(. Little disappointing, but still lunch part is there.

We went into one conference room and made our initial designs. A call from another conference room, TADAA lunch ready :) We rushed down. I only could see few scattered pieces of a medium pizza. I expected Anjappar meals, But 2 slices of medium pizza is highly disappointing. That didn't even contribute to the starter :(.

One thing that is really inspiring is that there are only 4 teams participating and one team don't have any idea of Coding and design ( A team came from customer service ). If we do our due diligence, a prize is assured. ( Later only I got to know that there is a whole lot of teams participating from other geographic locations).

In next 10 minutes we come up with what needs to be done and listed down them in decreasing complexity. Each one picked depending on their expertise. We did a rough design of classes and separation of interfaces. Here is the first flaw started, We didn't do our design properly. Anyway that desn't matter, this is a project of three days and who will care about that. Eventually that is also wrong. We are now taking a look at it to take it further :)

Everybody crossing the way are surprised on seeing us sitting and discussing seriously. Some people admired, somebody surprised and few other kalased ( part of life ). Each one fixed on a target and started working separately. We never thought that there is a bigger problem of integrating the code. After few hours of coding, we got tiered. Since this is the first day (as if a month is there) we relaxed. One said, lets go for a movie. I am the next supporter. We went to Transformers. To say about the movie, it is one of the crappiest movie that you can ever watch. This movie is nothing but a "Captain film" in a large budget. Thank god, Megan fox was there in the movie , I am satisfied. Seriously I don't understand these people, is there any reason to give 200Rs, to sit in 4th row to watch this crap, when 10Rs is enough to sit in the 3rd row. I came back and sent some mail and went back home. That day over.

Week full of enjoyment will screw up the weekend, that Saturday is a perfect example for that. Sun raised with a Sev 2. Something got broken somewhere, either I need to go and fix or make a bigger brake, So the whole team will come and fix :P (Team work). I did some work and came back to office, to my surprise other two are already there. God, I got a great team :). I joined them, and coding part was over in the next 30 mins. We thought of to integrate what we wrote. We expected integration will be a bigger part, but we didn't thought that this could be this huge. There are two big blunders that we did. 1) When we started, we didn't had a clear boundary of integration, 2) We never tested what we wrote. It took nearly 4 hours to integrate, what we wrote for 2 hours. It was 8pm, by the time we tested and we are not even at 20% mark of what we promised. After we tested out the working part of the code, we decided to go to the next part of the code.

It was 4 am Sunday, when we leave for home. I thought staying back, but we planned to cock fish and chicken in our home. I don't want to miss that. I planned to come back around 3 in the afternoon after lunch. But, as usual nothing went as expected. Usually, If I lie down, I will sleep in another 10 mins but today, ooh God help me. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't, my mind was running here and there. I think this is the first time I tried hard to sleep but couldn't. It is terrible to be awake on bed. It is better to kill yourself, instead of lying like that. Opened my laptop and started reading some articles and visited Facebook. I read couple of my friends blog. TADAA There comes the idea of blogging. Now I know, reason for blogging is neither passion nor fun, it is insomnia :P. So I started my blog :). It was 6 AM when I finally felt asleep.

I am into my dreams. Around 8 am, I got a call. I know that thing is ringing and wakeing me up but i don't want to pick it up. I need to pick it up and for the first time my ring tone irritated me. I picked it up with hesitation and as I expected it was an emergency call from my friend.

continued....
(stopping here, It is getting too long :)

7 comments:

  1. ennada idhu? mega serial maadiri oru suspense-oda mudichirukka?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vettri Vettri, finally I got one person reading it fully :)
    @Sidu, Nothing special da, Thought it is going too long and stopped it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maams.. enna idhu...thodarum potu mudichitta.. eppo adutha episode? ethavathu assistant director vela pannitu irukkiya? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Transformers was awesome action man!! No story agreed , but it was never boring at any point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thala! ivalo sollirukkeenga.. aana unga aala pathi onnume ezhuthalaye!

    Well.. there were a few ups n downs in the 2 days.. but i enjoyed every bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maachi!... aaalaa?? yaaruda athu? sollave illai??

    ReplyDelete
  7. @simman : usssh, athu ellam personal, public'a pesa kudathu da :P Valikkatha mathirie ehtanai nalaukku thaan nadikkurathu :)

    @babu : Maams, Iruntha poster adichu oor ellam ottira mattom, nanum rowdy, nanum rowdy nu.

    ReplyDelete