Saturday, November 7, 2009

Missing scent

I was returning from office and it was chilling outside. I thought of having an ice-cream and to my surprise, there was an ice cream parlor right in front. I parked my car on the roadside went in to get my favorite. Sat on a bench in the nearby park to have a feel of the weather. I was enjoying my ice-cream as well as watching the parking area.

Suddenly, something seemed familiar. It is the fragrance. A familiar scent. I was desperately searching for its source. It is her. She haven't changed her perfume in this eight years or it is the one she owned. She said bye with a smile, almost eight years ago. Even now I could remember that shot completely, the color of her dress, the shape of the dot between her eye brows and the fragrance of the place mixed with the aroma she owned. I couldn't stop her leaving. I wanted that smile forever and I yearned for her forever at-least as a friend. After that, for a long time, I shouted at God for making this world as a non-binary. This "at-least", the probability associated with that stopped me from getting her. I shouted at God, he didn't reply.


I offered her kid my ice-cream. We had a brief conversation about the past eight years and about the friends that we shared. This time she didn't say bye, but asked her kid to say. I took a deep breath, as if I missed this fragrance for a long time and going to miss forever.

For many days after that, I am stopping my car to have an ice-cream near the park. I know why I am stopping here but I don't know why I seek her. This time, I am pretty sure that this is not infatuation

6 comments:

  1. Dai machi enna karpanai! Blogla konjam spice add pannalam thapilla, athukunu bloga reela suthi iruka. Car iruntha thaana da park pannuva! 8 yrsku munnadi ni irunthathu Karumathaam patti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sirrr.... nalla irukku... aanaa namba mudiyala... 80 varushmaanaalum namba mudiyaadhu...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boss!! engeyo poiteenga!! future la nadakka poratha ippove yosikireenga? btw.. kid boy aa girl aa? :P

    any references to any characters living or dead or YET TO BE BORN is purely coincidental in this comment :P

    unga karpanai kuthiraya kanna pinna nu oda vittudaatheenga :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jii... I am able to feel the emptiness of your deep-breathe after she left and the pain of a missed opportunity when you could have told your heart. There may be many infatuations in one's life. but there is only one or two true Love.. forgive me for taking liberty to make it two. becoz, thats for our wife which comes slowly but strongu-ly... No one can escape this mad feeling illah... super jjiii..

    ReplyDelete